[Zope3-dev] Zope Package (Directory) Structure Reorganization

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 11:35:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Gary Poster wrote:
>    ** -->Maybe; I think Zope should hold pieces needed to build the
> Application,
>            and App should hold actual parts of the App.  (RDM, what do you
> think?)
>            By this logic, ObjectHub actually falls in Zope, not App: an
> ObjectHub is
>            a tool out of which you can make services, utilities, etc.  I
> wouldn't be
>            too terribly upset to see it in Zope/App though--it is a hard
> call.

That makes sense to me.  I wonder exactly what "the App" is, though.
I mean, I have a vauge idea (eg: ZopeTop obviously goes inside
App somewhere), but as the ObjectHub example shows, the borderline
has quite a bit of fuzziness in it.  I mean, I could argue that
a MementoBag was a tool for building apps, too <wry grin>.

--RDM