[Zope3-dev] Zope Package (Directory) Structure Reorganization

Lalo Martins lalo@laranja.org
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 00:26:00 -0300

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 11:35:57AM -0400, R. David Murray wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Gary Poster wrote:
> >    ** -->Maybe; I think Zope should hold pieces needed to build the
> > Application,
> >            and App should hold actual parts of the App.  (RDM, what do you
> > think?)
> >            By this logic, ObjectHub actually falls in Zope, not App: an
> > ObjectHub is
> >            a tool out of which you can make services, utilities, etc.  I
> > wouldn't be
> >            too terribly upset to see it in Zope/App though--it is a hard
> > call.
>
> That makes sense to me.  I wonder exactly what "the App" is, though.
> I mean, I have a vauge idea (eg: ZopeTop obviously goes inside
> App somewhere), but as the ObjectHub example shows, the borderline
> has quite a bit of fuzziness in it.  I mean, I could argue that
> a MementoBag was a tool for building apps, too <wry grin>.

This is too fuzzy. In my opinion, the App package is redundant, as the name
of the App is Zope. If you think there is too much stuff in Zope, come up
with a better name than App for a subpackage.

[]s,
                                               +----
--
  It doesn't bother me that people say things like
   "you'll never get anywhere with this attitude".

Brazil of Darkness (RPG)      ---       http://www.BroDar.org/
Python Foundry Guide http://www.sf.net/foundry/python-foundry/