[Zope3-dev] Zope Package (Directory) Structure Reorganization

Gary Poster garyposter@earthlink.net
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:16:13 -0400

Yes; absolutely.  Formulator is another prime example.  It has feel of "art"
eventually.  If I were going to really go to town on this, I suppose that
Zope/App might only contain

  Content
  Introspector
  Services
  OFS (or Container, per previous email)
  Security
  Traversing
  Undo
  Workflow
  ZopePublication
  ZopeTop

which would move these out to Zope:

  Formulator
  Memento
  PropertySets

and probably also leave I18n and ObjectHub in Zope where they are now.

That said, it is a bit of a gut feeling for me--Workflow, for instance, was
a particularly hard call, but I eventually convinced myself that Zope/App
was the place for it.

Moreover, I don't know if being this picky about it is useful or not.  Maybe
it is. :-)  I admit it appeals to me.

Gary