[Zope3-dev] Zope Package (Directory) Structure Reorganization

Lalo Martins lalo@laranja.org
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 00:28:16 -0300

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 10:07:31PM -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     SH> I like the notion that OFS contains only the things you would
>     SH> need to make a static web site: folders, files, and images.
>     SH> Imagine people coming from other web servers and trying to
>     SH> make sense of an entire object system.  They need a way in.
>     SH> The easiest thing to do is upload static HTML and images, and
>     SH> to do that, just use OFS.  OFS is the doorway from files and
>     SH> directories to very simple objects.  And OFS is always there
>     SH> to fall back on.
>
>     SH> This is one of the things that Zope 2 did right.
>
> Cool, sounds great.  But is "OFS" the best way to describe the utility
> of this subdirectory?  It's a mystical acronym to the uninitiated.

IMHO things that you can actually instantiate via ZopeTop and add content to
(Folders, Files, Images) should go into a Content package.

[]s,
                                               +----
--
  It doesn't bother me that people say things like
   "you'll never get anywhere with this attitude".

Brazil of Darkness (RPG)      ---       http://www.BroDar.org/
Python Foundry Guide http://www.sf.net/foundry/python-foundry/