[Zope3-dev] RDB support

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk@adelphia.net
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 17:57:18 -0400

[Paul] Pretend for a moment that we actually *could* architect something
better
than ADO.NET.  Can we afford to design and document it, from a manpower
perspective?  Would you ever expect to see a series of articles such as
this appear by other writers?  Should we force developers to learn a new

architecture which only applies to Zope?

[Jeff] One of the virtues of ADO.NET (for the windows platform) is that
it will unify the many developers using RDO, DAO, ADO, ODBC-SQL (and
even XML data) around one vastly-improved standard. A Python API
familiar to this burgeoning population would be a significant attraction
for both Python and Zope.

For those interested in examining ADO.NET at a class level, the Mono
project has a nice interface to their implementation status, hyperlinked
directly to the MSDN documentation for each class.

http://go-mono.org/class-status-System.Data.html