[Zope3-dev] Zope Package (Directory) Structure Reorganization

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 16:15:48 +0200

Shane Hathaway wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:

> >>IMHO things that you can actually instantiate via ZopeTop and add content
> >>(Folders, Files, Images) should go into a Content package.
> >>

> >I think it would be good to have a Content package. Perhaps as a compromise
> >we can put the OFS things into a OFS sub-package of the Content package,
>
> That sounds great to me.
>
> >unless
> >it turns out all Content will be OFS anyway, in which case the OFS package
> >should just disappear.
>
> I think you misunderstood something.  Based on the definition we've been
> using in this thread, OFS (or whatever we'll call it) is restricted to
> three types.  So all content cannot be OFS.

I understood there were some types listed (folders, images and files, right?),
and that these exist to mimic operating system filesystems. But it's a somewhat
fuzzy concept, isn't it? I mean, images aren't really necessary to do this.
And if we have images, why not something like 'text' as an OFS style content
object as well?

Anyway, I certainly didn't think this through when I wrote it. :)

Regards,

Martijn