[Zope3-dev] Zope Package (Directory) Structure Reorganization

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 23:15:04 -0400

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Lalo Martins wrote:
>
>>>Cool, sounds great.  But is "OFS" the best way to describe the utility
>>>of this subdirectory?  It's a mystical acronym to the uninitiated.
>>>
>>IMHO things that you can actually instantiate via ZopeTop and add content to
>>(Folders, Files, Images) should go into a Content package.
>>

> I think it would be good to have a Content package. Perhaps as a compromise
> we can put the OFS things into a OFS sub-package of the Content package,

That sounds great to me.

> unless
> it turns out all Content will be OFS anyway, in which case the OFS package
> should just disappear.

I think you misunderstood something.  Based on the definition we've been
using in this thread, OFS (or whatever we'll call it) is restricted to
three types.  So all content cannot be OFS.

Shane