[Zope3-dev] Spaghetti-hunting

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 10:55:43 -0400

Shane Hathaway writes:
 > Very true.  In Zope 3, that is the distinction between the "Zope"
 > package and the "Zope.App" package.  Every Zope.* package, besides
 > Zope.App.*, can be used independently of Zope.  So Zope.Publisher,
 > Zope.Server, Zope.TAL, Zope.PageTemplate, Zope.ContextWrapper, etc. are
 > all non-interdependent.

Not quite; some of them are dependent on others (for example,
Zope.PageTemplate is dependent on Zope.TAL), but they are not
dependent on anything in Zope.App.

Which strikes me as a good step in keeping the components flexible,
both for other developers and for Zope Corp.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation