[Zope3-dev] An small idea for the future: Strategy pattern for the formulator fields.

Lennart Regebro lennart@torped.se
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 16:20:28 +0200

I pretty often discover that I have created a field of the wrong type, and
then need to recreate it, with the correct type. Of course I then need to
move it over to the correct group, set up all the parameters and errors and
stuff again.

I find this highly annoying. Would it be possible to adapt a strategy
pattern for future formulator fields, maybe the one that gets merged into
Zope3, so that the type of the field is a setting instead of an object?
Especially if properties is going to be made with "Zope 3 core formulator"
(which I understand is the idea).