[Zope3-dev] method and content namespaces

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 08:12:34 -0400

Steve,

I think you added support for method and content namespaces
for container traversal.  I'd like to change this around a bit:

- There will be standard namespaces:

  attribute -- Any attribute, including methods

  item -- Mapping item (not container item unless container also
          does mapping)

  accessor -- Name is an accessor function that gets called

  These can be used with any object.

- I generally don't want individual objects to have custom namespaces,
  but I can bend on this if we think it's important.

  hm..... Waaa. It probably *is* important.

  So, maybe containers should provide a content namespace. Hm. I guess I
  can handle this in a general way.

- If no namespace is specified, look in content and then in attributes.

Thoughts?