[Zope3-dev] schema initial documentation

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 14:58:29 +0200

Lennart Regebro wrote:
> Trying to catch up on the schema discussion:
>
> From: "Gary Poster" <garyposter@earthlink.net>
>
> > One more thought: it might be useful (for me at least :-) to be able to
> > specify in the schema if an attribute is read-only vs. read-write (vs.
> > write-only?)
>
> And more than tha: I assume the schema definition will allow a full
> definition of all property properties right? The schema definition as
> suggested uses a constructor thus:
>
>           initials = StringField(
>              title="Initials",
>              description="Initials.",
>              )
>
> And of course this stringfield "constructor" should be able to take all
> settings that exist for a StringField, including the error messages, and
> default settings and so on.

Correct; I'm in the process of fleshing out some of these properties,
taking from Formulator what I can. I'm also trying to look for other
schema efforts (such as the XML Schema Datatypes) for inspiration at
least. Anyone know of any other schema effort I should take a look at?

Regards,

Martijn