[Zope3-dev] brief summary of ZODB4 changes

Patrick K. O'Brien pobrien@orbtech.com
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 09:31:44 -0500

[Jeremy Hylton]

> In the long run, I'd like to see generic transaction & persistence
> issues hashed out on the persistence-sig list.  Then zodb-dev is for
> people using the extra features provided by ZODB.

Sounds good to me.

> This stuff doesn't cross into Zope space too often, does it?

Not too much. And I realize that Zope does drive a lot of this development.
I just want to make sure non-Zope folks stay in the loop on issues
surrounding persistence and transactions and such. Call me Jiminy Cricket.
<wink>

>   PKO> Either that, or maybe I should just give in and only develop
>   PKO> Zope apps.  <wink>
>
> You mean there are other kinds of apps?  Don't tell Tim.

It'll be our little secret. :-)

--
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech