[Zope3-dev] Would any body object if Zope 3 required Python 2.3

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@alum.mit.edu
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 19:30:07 -0400

  JF> Jeremy Hylton wrote:
  >> Persistent modules will require a bug fix to cPickle that will be
  >> in the future 2.2.2, but is only in Python CVS at the moment.
  >> The change is necessary to allow persistent classes to be pickled
  >> by the persistent machinery instead of by name.  If you don't
  >> have Python 2.2.1+,

  JF> Where, by 2.2.1+ you mean 2.2.2 or higher. Right?

Yes.  2.2.1+ is a bit of Python colloquialism that means the current
CVS branch from which 2.2.1 was released.  If someone checks out the
release22-maint branch of Python CVS, they'll get a version of 2.2
with the fix.

  >> then you won't be able to run all of the persistent class tests.
  >> At least, I think the tests exercise the bug.

  JF> And you wouldn't be able to use persistent classes.

That's right.

Jeremy