[Zope3-dev] ConextMethod confusion

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@alum.mit.edu (Jeremy Hylton)
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 17:11:14 -0500

  SA> So, in general response to all of the above, the package sucks
  SA> somewhat, although it does kindof work well enough at
  SA> present. You're right that it probably should be
  SA> refactored. Actually, various things about the whole Zope 3
  SA> approach to security and context-wrapping proxies needs a fresh
  SA> look, and a touch of refactoring. Perhaps we'll look at this at
  SA> or after the Vilnius sprint.

>From my occasional forays into the Zope3 code, it seems that there is
a lot of code that was written quickly with the intent to come back to
it later and clean it up.  I'm worried that after we do an alpha
release all this code that was meant to be refactored will be have to
be maintained for backwards compatibility.  Or we'll get back to it so
long after it was written that no one will remember why the code was
written that way.

Not meaning to pick on ContextMethod in particular.

Jeremy