[Zope3-dev] ConextMethod confusion

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Wed, 04 Dec 2002 10:04:35 +0000

> From my occasional forays into the Zope3 code, it seems that there is
> a lot of code that was written quickly with the intent to come back to
> it later and clean it up.

Yes, there is much code like that. However, much of it has also been
refactored. I guess Time is a factor, as usual.

>  I'm worried that after we do an alpha
> release all this code that was meant to be refactored will be have to
> be maintained for backwards compatibility.

The Alpha release is meant for people to develop software against.
However, there is no guarentee of backward-compatibility for the future.

> Or we'll get back to it so
> long after it was written that no one will remember why the code was
> written that way.

Jim said he'd like to make sure that crufty code is commented with XXX
comments.

Also, perhaps there could be a wiki page (or file in CVS) for 'zope 3
implementation warts', where things that need cleaning up can be
centrallyt recorded.

--
Steve Alexander