[Zope3-dev] some ZODB tests are failing

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Wed, 04 Dec 2002 10:34:35 +0000

> My suggestion is that such temporarily failing tests either should not
> be checked in, or have to be excluded from the test suite (e.g. by
> commenting them out or renaming them from testFoo to dontTestFoo)
> until fixed.  What do you guys think?

Tests that are known to fail should never be checked into the Head.

And, for once, I would not qualify that with an "except when they should
be.".

The CVS head is not an FTP site, it is not a shared hard-drive or a
backup tape.

If tests are labeled 'dontTestFoo' then they should also attract an

   # XXX bogus test that fails

comment, or similar, so that its bogosity can be found by grepping for XXX.

--
Steve Alexander