[Zope3-dev] PyCon DC 2003: Call For Papers

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Thu, 05 Dec 2002 08:19:58 -0500

On Thursday 05 December 2002 07:46, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> The new naming convention is still an experiment.  It will be
> evaluated after the sprint is over (or maybe after Jim returns from
> Lithuania, i.e. a week later).
>
> If we decide we like it (which I hope we do) Jimm will make a
> pronouncement, an announcement, and spend a long day renaming
> everything.

I see. Good to know. I still would like to comment on it as soon as I know
what is going to be changed. I know I like at least a couple of things
already, seing your checkins.

> I can't speak for Jim there, but it can't always be done that way.
> Burocracy exists to support coding, not the other way around.

Mmh, in my opinion it is not just burocracy; I usually start at the original
proposal of a feature, when I try to write documentation for it, since the
proposal usually discusses the motivation and shortcomings of the feature
(for example), which is always helpful when writing docu.

>  We
> discuss proposals extensively at the sprint -- explanations for the
> rest of you (all two of you :-) will come later.

:-) I think it is a couple more (Codeworks has 4 gals/guys, Sidnei, David and
me).

> You can help by asking specific questions rather than requesting that
> we document/explain everything that's done.  What do you want to know?

Sure, the reason why I made this request was the following: After many sprints
we noticed that peopl did not keep working on the projects and abondened
them. Since noone really knew the stuff was there or at which state it is, it
was hard to pick it up.

So here are my questions (in this case specifically for the documentation
group, since I am trying to organize this effort):

- What did the guys work on? I saw a README.txt to be checked in, but does
that mean that most packages should get one? Is there such though?

- Was anything else discussed regarding Documentation?

- What are the chances that these guys will work on Documentation after the
sprint?

I guess we do not need so much a proposal than a Sprint log...

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter