[Zope3-dev] PyCon DC 2003: Call For Papers

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Thu, 05 Dec 2002 07:46:42 -0500

> Yeah, I can see this from the checkins. :-) However, I see also that
> decisions are made (like new naming conventions), which are nowhere
> documented, so that people that are not at the sprint do not really
> know what's going on or have any chance to learn about it.

The new naming convention is still an experiment.  It will be
evaluated after the sprint is over (or maybe after Jim returns from
Lithuania, i.e. a week later).

If we decide we like it (which I hope we do) Jimm will make a
pronouncement, an announcement, and spend a long day renaming
everything.

> Also, there is a lot new stuff being implemented that is nowhere
> documented and I lost already the overview. Maybe we should
> seriously return to the idea that before you start working on
> something at a sprint you need to write a proposal, so that other
> people know what's going on.

I can't speak for Jim there, but it can't always be done that way.
Burocracy exists to support coding, not the other way around.  We
discuss proposals extensively at the sprint -- explanations for the
rest of you (all two of you :-) will come later.

You can help by asking specific questions rather than requesting that
we document/explain everything that's done.  What do you want to know?