[Zope3-dev] directory hierarchy proposal

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 08:02:04 -0500

On Tuesday 10 December 2002 05:39, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> As promised, here's the directory hierarchy renaming proposal. This is
> based on discussions I had with Jim and others last week at the
> Infrae Sprintathon.
>
> Here are the guidelines used:
>
> http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/DirectoryH
>ierarchyReorganization
>
> and this is the new tree:
>
> http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/ProposedDi
>rectoryHierarchy
>
> Please discuss!

Having starred at the new tree for five minutes it has grown on me, so +1.
BTW, +1 for the view split too. The more I look at it, the more I like it...
;-)

But I want to discuss a tangent:

I am fine moving to Twisted. However, will their code live in the Zope CVS, or
will I have to install two things? If it stays separate, then that would
really blow. I have to install two things from now on to run Zope; I loved
just getting Zope and go. If we integrate Twisted, I would REALLY prefer to
see a common CVS!
Also, Twisted did not used to facilitate  the latest Python version. Is this
still true? I really believe that this should be also consistent with Zope's
Python requirements.

BTW, what is the time frame for all of this? I hope this would be done
pre-alpha, because certain people like Steve, Gary and I plan to start
building apps after the alpha, at which state it would be nice to have all
this done...

Sorry for not being more verbose....need to do take-home finals...

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter