[Zope3-dev] directory hierarchy proposal

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 11:29:29 -0500

    SR> I am fine moving to Twisted. However, will their code live in
    SR> the Zope CVS, or will I have to install two things? If it
    SR> stays separate, then that would really blow. I have to install
    SR> two things from now on to run Zope; I loved just getting Zope
    SR> and go. If we integrate Twisted, I would REALLY prefer to see
    SR> a common CVS!  Also, Twisted did not used to facilitate the
    SR> latest Python version. Is this still true? I really believe
    SR> that this should be also consistent with Zope's Python
    SR> requirements.

I would suggest cvs import'ing the Twisted code and managing it as a
vendor branch:

    http://www.cvshome.org/docs/manual/cvs_13.html#SEC104

You don't necessarily want to tie Twisted's release schedule to
Zope3's, so this is probably the best way to manage things, especially
if we ever need to make local modifications to Zope3's version of
Twisted.

-Barry