[Zope3-dev] directory hierarchy proposal

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 09:28:43 +0100

R. David Murray wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> > Gary Poster wrote:
> > > what is zope.app.software?  The replacement for ZopeProducts?  That's
> > > fine, but it wasn't crystal clear to me.
> >
> > No, its intent is to contain stuff that is going to be in the services,
> > but is software, not the service itself. Things like TTW page templates,
> > TTW modules, etc.
>
> I think perhaps a better name is needed.  'software' doesn't signify anything
> to me.  But worse, even after your explanation I still have no clue what
> would go in that directory.  Unless you mean TTW stuff is going to be
> file-synchronized into that directory?
>
> Maybe I just don't understand services well enough yet.

Jim knows better what he wants there than I do, perhaps he can chip
in and answer. :)

The idea as far as I understand it is that it will contain the implementation
of various 'software like' components, like TTW Page Templates, TTW modules.
These objects can then be used in various services to configure them/
program them. You could for instance use a TTW Page Template in a TTW
View Service.

Regards,

Martijn