[Zope3-dev] directory hierarchy proposal

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 08:53:44 +0000

> The idea as far as I understand it is that it will contain the implementation
> of various 'software like' components, like TTW Page Templates, TTW modules.
> These objects can then be used in various services to configure them/
> program them. You could for instance use a TTW Page Template in a TTW
> View Service.

Right. This package is for python classes that will be instantiated in
the ZODB that work as software.

So, a zope.app.software.template is like a ZPT, except that its bindings
are different. So, a zas.template is used to provide a view on some
content and is registered with the TTW views service. A ZPT is a piece
of content in its own right -- a web page with scripting.

--
net.cat-box.stevea