[Zope3-dev] directory hierarchy proposal

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 09:36:43 +0100

Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     MF> from zope.app.publication.browser.traversal import
>     MF> PublicationTraverser
>
>     MF> is still a lot shorter than
>
>     MF> from Zope.App.ZopePublication.Browser.PublicationTraverse
>     MF> import PublicationTraverser
>
> I don't know if I'd call 14 characters "a lot", but if you're going to
> import multiple names from the package/module you're still going to
> end up with backslashes.

That's true, but that's hard to avoid if you have reasonably long class
names. Anyway, in my case the first fit on a line and the second
didn't. :)

>     >> Note that I brought up the same question in the zodb-dev list,
>     >> since fitting ZODB into the new naming scheme would actually
>     >> make its import paths longer!
>
>     MF> That's true.
>
> Maybe ZODB shouldn't be included in this renaming effort?

It'd be nice to give zodb related things a common package though so the
top namespace doesn't get too polluted.

Regards,

Martijn