[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope3-checkins] CVS: Zope3/lib/python/Zope/App/schemagen Zope3/lib/python/Zope/App/schemagen - New directory

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 16:25:28 -0500

On Wednesday 11 December 2002 14:37, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> But you see, we all interpreted it differently at first glance.  This is
> why I do not feel that giving modules short, lowercase names is the best
> advice.  Twisted is full of odd names like this.  C code often uses this
> convention, and I feel like we're actually taking a step backward by
> making this a recommendation.
>
> Don't get me wrong--if mandated, I won't object to the new conventions.
>   But I think the elegance and simplicity of giving modules and classes
> the same name is being overlooked.

Nice summary. While I like most parts of the proposal, I think short
abbreviated names are not that good, for the reasons discussed in this
thread. We should really review this and vote on it.

Mmmh, maybe splitting up the proposal in its various parts and vote on them
seperately will help.

Regards,
Stephan
--