[Zope3-dev] directory hierarchy proposal

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com, jim@zope.com
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 07:27:01 -0500

Martijn Faassen wrote:

 > from zope.app.browser.content.dtml import DTMLPageEval
 >
 > is shorter than
 >
 > from Zope.App.OFS.Content.DTMLPage.Views.Browser.DTMLPageEval import DTMLPageEval

Note that regular code almost never imports views.

But test code does. Because we put tests in subpackages, tests always have to
use absolute imports, which is tedious. I don't really want to clutter regular
code directories with test modules. I wish there was a way to *explicitly* do
relative imports from the package containing a package.