[Zope3-dev] Lets replace lib/python with python in CVS

Casey Duncan casey@zope.com
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 16:04:20 -0500

On Sunday 15 December 2002 04:46 am, holger krekel wrote:
> Steve Alexander wrote:
> > Jim Fulton wrote:
> > >=20
> > > As part of the package move, lets's get rid of lib.  So, the Zope
> > > CVS will have a top-level python directory that contains the includ=
ed
> > > package. When running from a CVS checkout, which I want to be able =
to=20
do,
> > > we will add python, ratyher than lib/python to the Python path.
> >=20
> > Why not something meaningful, like "zope3" instead of "python" ?
>=20
> or 'src'?

I think src is best if it contains anything other than just python code.=20
Otherwise python is fine.  OTOH, if the plan is to copy/link it into=20
site-packages, then zope3 is best.

OTOOH, if it were src, you could just build everything into a zope3 direc=
tory=20
put in the place of yuor choosing.

-Casey