[Zope3-dev] Re: Database Adapter Collection Checkins

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 03:07:06 -0500

On Thursday 12 December 2002 09:40, Christian Theune wrote:
> I don't think that connecting to a real database within a test would be
> apprioriate. I believe Steve would regard that as a functional test.
> Which is not, what unit tests are.

Mmmh, they might not be unit tests, but that does not mean tests like that
should not exist. It would make life so much easier, if we would have tests
like that.

For example, let's say You have Oracle 8.x.y and you find that the oracleDA
works just great. But then someone else wants to make a contribution by
testing the DA on Oracle 8.x.y+1 or Oracle 8.x+1.0. It will be hard for this
person to do extensive testing without a set of tests.

All in all, I come to the conclusion again that we need a functional testing
framework soon!

Regards,
Stephan
--