[Zope3-dev] event-meta.zcml placement? i18n-meta.zcml?

Steve Alexander s.alexander@lancaster.ac.uk
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 16:41:19 +0000

Gary Poster wrote:
> The event-meta.zcml is placed now in Zope/App, rather than in
> Zope/Event.  This contradicts the zcml docs, does a funny repoint to the
>  Zope.Event.metaConfigure.py file anyway, and finally makes it even
> harder than usual to find the pertinent event meta zcml if you go
> hunting for it.
>
> 1) what was the rationale for this?

The Zope.Event package needs a bit of refactoring into Zope.Event for
non-Zope-specific stuff, and Zope.App.Event for stuff that is aware of
traversal, zcml etc.

I guess that the oddness you describe was an effort to keep zcml out of
Zope.Event without undertaking the whole refactoring.

IMO Zope.Event should be refactored before the alpha.

--
Steve Alexander