[Zope3-dev] event-meta.zcml placement? i18n-meta.zcml?

Gary Poster gary@modernsongs.com
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 12:00:19 -0500

Steve Alexander wrote:
> The Zope.Event package needs a bit of refactoring into Zope.Event for
> non-Zope-specific stuff, and Zope.App.Event for stuff that is aware of
> traversal, zcml etc.

OK.

The current event services are not aware of traversal, relying instead
on indirect subscribers for traversal and weak referencing.  Therefore,
if the design doesn't change, that isn't an issue.  Do you want the
design to change?

The zcml-specific stuff alone seems a questionable reason to me to make
a Zope.App.Event.

What's etc.? :-)

> I guess that the oddness you describe was an effort to keep zcml out of
> Zope.Event without undertaking the whole refactoring.

There is zcml in a number of directories above Zope/App--if removing
this is a goal then it, again, sounds like something that should be
proposed, perhaps as part of the grand renaming.  Perhaps app can in
fact house both the meta.zcml and the metaConfigure.py files for the
packages above it.

> IMO Zope.Event should be refactored before the alpha.

That makes sense with Jim's overall goals for the alpha--the event
system should be part of the relatively stable platform he discusses.

Gary