[Zope3-dev] Some cvs shenanigans

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 14:46:44 -0500

I'm going to be doing a few cvs changes regarding Berkeley storages
which will affect ZODB3 and Zope3.  For those in the know, I'm going
to be twiddling some repolinks.

Specifically:

- Getting rid of StandaloneZODB.  You should not be using this cvs
  module anyway; instead, make sure you are using ZODB3.  I'm not
  technically getting rid of it but -- if I understand repolinks
  correctly -- I'll be pointing its contents to the EmptyDir.

- Getting rid of the bsddb3Storage subdirectory in ZODB3 in the same
  way.  I'll be replacing this with BDBStorage for consistency with
  (current) ZODB4 names.  The code will be shared, so I'll need to
  do the renaming once I've updated the repolinks.

- Linking BDBStorage into Zope3's lib/python directory.  Since it's
  part of ZODB4 this seems to make sense.  I'm sure this will be
  changed once again for the Zope3 grand renaming.

After making the changes, I'll be sure that the ZODB3, ZODB4, Zope2
and Zope3 trunks still work, on Unix at least.  There may be a period
of instability, but I hope that it will be very short.  Since this
only affects Berkeley storage users, I'm hoping that disruptions will
be non-existant or at least very minor.  If not, I'll undo the
repolinks changes to restore the old cvs layout.

-Barry