[Zope3-dev] Proposal: Rename ObjectHub service to ContentHub service

Gary Poster gary@modernsongs.com
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 10:42:11 -0500

Casey Duncan wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 December 2002 03:30 pm, Steve Alexander wrote:
>
>>Hi folks,
>>
>>When an ObjectHub is used as a service, that service's name is
>>"ObjectHub". However, ObjectHub components can be used by applications
>>in other ways that don't involve use as a service.
>>
>>Often when talking about ObjectHubs, I get confused as to whether I'm
>>talking about the ObjectHub service, or about ObjectHubs in general
>>encompassing uses as a service and other uses.
>>
>>Therefore, I propose that the ObjectHub service is renamed the
>>ContentHub service.
>>
>>Nothing else would change -- the ContentHub service would still be
>>implemented by an ObjectHub. We'd still talk about hubIds.
>>
>>Please reply to this email stating approval, disapproval or indifference
>>using the standard -1 -0 +0 +1 method, along with rationale if you wish.
>>Alternatively, reply suggesting something different.
>

> I'm down with disambiguating this, but I think ContentHub implies too much.
> How about "Hub Service" brought to you by: ObjectHub, the makers of fine
> hubids...
>
> "DooDadHub" also has a nice ring to it ;^)

+0 on renaming in general.

-0 on "ContentHub" for Casey's reasons.

-0 on "Hub Service" because the service doesn't provide hubs but
hubids--not to say that I care for "HubId Service" either, necessarily,
but at least it's to the point(-ish).