[Zope3-dev] Proposal: Rename ObjectHub service to ContentHub service

Casey Duncan casey@zope.com
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 23:02:49 -0500

On Wednesday 18 December 2002 03:30 pm, Steve Alexander wrote:
> Hi folks,
>=20
> When an ObjectHub is used as a service, that service's name is=20
> "ObjectHub". However, ObjectHub components can be used by applications=20
> in other ways that don't involve use as a service.
>=20
> Often when talking about ObjectHubs, I get confused as to whether I'm=20
> talking about the ObjectHub service, or about ObjectHubs in general=20
> encompassing uses as a service and other uses.
>=20
> Therefore, I propose that the ObjectHub service is renamed the=20
> ContentHub service.
>=20
> Nothing else would change -- the ContentHub service would still be=20
> implemented by an ObjectHub. We'd still talk about hubIds.
>=20
> Please reply to this email stating approval, disapproval or indifferenc=
e=20
> using the standard -1 -0 +0 +1 method, along with rationale if you wish=
=2E=20
> Alternatively, reply suggesting something different.

I'm down with disambiguating this, but I think ContentHub implies too muc=
h.=20
How about "Hub Service" brought to you by: ObjectHub, the makers of fine=20
hubids...

"DooDadHub" also has a nice ring to it ;^)

-Casey