[Zope3-dev] RFC: move 'App' out of 'Zope'

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 12:52:59 -0500

Guido van Rossum wrote:
>>why not
>>
>>    python
>>      zope (was app)
>>      reusable packages e.g.:
>>      zodb
>>      pagetemplate
>>      security
>>
>>If the reusable packages are reusable they should be able
>>to stand on their own.
>>

> But a toplevel package named 'security' is a really bad idea.  Many
> (most) packages currently in Zope have too-generic names like that.

Exactly, which is why names tend to get leading Z's, w3hich people hate.

I'd much rather have zope.security than zsecurity.

Holger, you should not waste your time on this avenue. There *will* be a namespace
package to provide the zope project with it's own package namespace. This
was discussed at length a while ago. I'm not going to go over this again.