[Zope3-dev] RFC: move 'App' out of 'Zope'

Lynn Ranen lranen@verio.net
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 11:58:40 -0500

+1
If the reuseable packages are meant to be standalone, I would like to see
them taken out of the Zope hierarchy, and handled as seperate products
altogether.  I have written a "proof-of-concept" app using the PageTemplates
and the Publishing code (Zope3).  These are both quite useful, but it's a
little too unnerving to just grab chunks of a system and use it in
production code.  I mean, I couldn't actually expect future-compatibility
and stability -- both of which are important considerations.