[Zope3-dev] Alpha 1 Plans

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com, jim@zope.com
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 17:43:18 -0500

Jim Fulton wrote:
> Alexander Limi wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 18 Dec 2002 14:48:58 -0500, Jim Fulton <jim@ZOPE.COM> wrote:
>>
>>> Godefroid Chapelle wrote:
>>

>>> OK.  One think I'd like to add is an actions menu. I suggest we make
>>> accessing
>>> a service manager an action of a service manager container.
>>>
>>> Can you or someone do some thinking about where to put an actions menu?
>>

>> Let's just put it as a box somewhere until it's more clear how the
>> usual approach should work.
>

> Is there any documentation on how to create a "box"? If not, can
> somebody at
> least point out an example to look at?

This was pretty straightforward actually. So, we now have an actions
box that shows up only if there actually are actions.

>  > The most important thing is to be able to use the
>
>> Rotterdam skin as a full replacment for the original one as early as
>> possible.
>

> I think I'll go ahead and move the rotterdam code into the new skins area
> (zope/app/browser/skins).

Done.

> Does anyone have time to work on the rotterdam skin before the alpha?
> If so, could you let me know so we can coordinate?

It looks like it's in pretty good shape, as far as it goes.  I think I can
figure out how to make the existing boxes work *if* I can figure out their intent.

Some questions:

- What is supposed to go in "common tasks"? Are these supposed to be
    user-defined shortcuts? Or are they supposed to be object specific?

- What is "Item help"? Is it suppose to be help on the view? On the
    object being viewed? I assume the former.

- What is "Meta Data" supposed to be?

I'm very happy with this. It'd looks nice, it was easy to add the actions
box and it works with Javascript turned off.  My only complaint is that
it requires a really wide browser window.