[Zope3-dev] The Rotterdam skin is now the default

Godefroid Chapelle gotcha@swing.be
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 10:14:27 +0100

>>>My biggest worry about it at this point is that it is too wide.
>>>It wants at wants a 1024-pixel wide window, which is too wide
>>>imo. I would much rather have it work correctly in 800 pixels.
>>
>>Main template was really setup by Alexander and Jan Wijbrand. Please you
>>two, enter the dance.
>
>Don't take my concern as an edict. :)
>I'd be OK with leaving the UI wide for the alpha and getting
>more feedback.

OTOH, no need to puzzle potential users testers or helpers

>>Or I suppose we will need to take decisions without you ;-).
>>I think the alpha could live without the global elements bar and Metadata
>>and item help boxes.
>
>Do you know what should be in the meta data and item help boxes?

see hereunder
<snip>

>I'd be happy to help make the meta data and item help work if
>I know what the heck they were.

Me too ;-)

>>I am willing to work on the skin; first things I'll do :
>>- asynchronous load of tree
>
>   If this is a performace thing, it should wait for post alpha.

So I'll wait

>   BTW, I think caching was broken for resources and I think I fixed
>   that yesterday.
>
>>- error handling ;-)
>>- stating that user needs Mozilla or IE6.
>
>Cool. You might also direct them to use
>++skin++basic if they have another browser.
>
>>Waiting for suggestions.
>
>In addition to the above:
>
>- It would be great if the navigation box worked
>   for non-containers. It should work by finding the
>   nearest container and using that.
>
>- I'm still a little puzzled by "common tasks".

Me too, that's why I'd like JW or Alexander input.

>   It's currently a *really nice* add list.  I'd
>   like to figure out what this is supposed to do
>   and make sure we are exposing it the way we want to.

If we agree on the Mozilla IE6 above, I think the add form could be
presented without a journey to the server.

>Jim
>
>--
>Jim Fulton           mailto:jim@zope.com       Python Powered!
>CTO                  (888) 344-4332            http://www.python.org