[Zope3-dev] The Rotterdam skin is now the default

Godefroid Chapelle gotcha@swing.be
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 10:21:37 +0100

At 23:11 29/12/2002, Jeffrey P Shell wrote:

>>>Or I suppose we will need to take decisions without you ;-).
>>>I think the alpha could live without the global elements bar and
>>>Metadata and item help boxes.
>
>I agree.  In the version of Plone that I'm setting up for internal use, I
>turned off the right side column.  I feel that three layout columns is
>just too restrictive on space.  I'd rather have all such boxes be on one
>side, perhaps with the ability to show and hide them if the browser allows
>(Microsoft's website is peppered with such boxes that can be collapsed
>down to their title bar).

We should integrate Shane's page design lib, but I have the feeling this is
post alpha work.

>>   - Think of short action names. David Murrey pointed out that they should
>>     be verbs (or should they), but they should be short to fit in the boxes.
>
>I'm getting some wrapping on my browser that had me thinking that "Zope
>Page Template" and "Page" were seperate things to add, and not a single
>item.  I'm also seeing::
>
>   Manage local
>   Services
>   Add
>
>In my root folder's 'actions' box.  I'm not sure if these things can be
>shortened easily, but right now there's nothing distinguishing that
>'Services' belongs to the line above it.

I'll change styling so that it's understandable.

>>>- stating that user needs Mozilla or IE6.
>>
>>Cool. You might also direct them to use
>>++skin++basic if they have another browser.
>
>Does it need Mozilla-Mozilla, or should a Gecko based alternate such as
>Chimera work?  I'm not seeing the Navigation tree (Chimera 0.6 - Dec 20
>2002 build).  The rest of it looks fine.

Gecko based browsers should be targets. But you need JavaScript on.
I cannot test on a Mac. Do you have a chance to open a javascript console
to check any error messages ?

--

Godefroid Chapelle

BubbleNet sprl