[Zope3-dev] Re: The Proposed Catalog Sprint Agenda is available

Janko Hauser jhauser@ifm.uni-kiel.de
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 15:23:43 +0100

>From my understanding the indexing is done for one object or batch of
objects and one can define what attributes are used for the
indexing. So if I want to index an object in different kinds of
indexes (I'm mostly thinking of geographical and perhaps time-related
attributes) I need to do each indexing by itself, right? Will the
proposed event model allow this? Or would this be hidden by the
ObjectHub?

Not directly related to indexing:
>From the notes it was not clear, if the registered object, gets
something like a stamp, which can be used to verify if it is the same
object at the same path location. This could be used for a
verification mechanismen, also for links.

On a related note, will the case of object copy be also covered, that
was difficult in the current zcatalog.

__Janko