[Zope3-dev] Re: The Proposed Catalog Sprint Agenda is available

Gary Poster Gary Poster" <garyposter@earthlink.net
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 12:19:25 -0500

From: "Casey Duncan" <casey_duncan@yahoo.com>

> A cataloging service or utility should IMO be a
> collection of several lower level ones.

<snip>

FWIW, this is exactly the direction to what I am putting up as a revised
ObjectHub proposal (although you have several good ideas on improvements,
and better knowledge of work that has already been done elsewhere).

> On another note, can we loose the enigmatic Brain
> terminology while we're at it? 8^)

What do you propose?  I think the PluggableBrain *concept* is an excellent
one, and I don't think "getMetadata" encompasses it.  I'll be happy to
record a new name in the proposal if you can think of one, though.

Gary