[Zope3-dev] Opera url parameter troubles

Paul Everitt paul@zope.com
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:53:31 -0500

Does this url parameter issue only apply to browsers, or will it in the
future also apply to programs that interact with Zope via web services?
  If so, it would be pretty funny to think that most versions of Python
in use wouldn't work Zope. :^)

I don't think it's bending over backwards to cater to the browser, it's
bending over backwards to cater to the user of the browser, which is
rarely a recipe for disaster. :^)  In this case, though, we might have
to tell a class of user: "You're out of luck."  But that should be a
last resort.

Stated differently: does developers will be hamstrung in creating
applications for Zope that they can deploy to users of Opera?  Are there
any conditions under the url parameter will reveal itself on, for
instance, a portal app or an intranet?

--Paul