[Zope3-dev] Opera url parameter troubles

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 16:49:38 +0000

Tres Seaver wrote:

> I disagree;  bending over backward to cater to non-compliant
> browsers is a recipe for disaster.  Unless somebody can come
> up with a namespace discrimination scheme which sucks less,
> of course;  we wrangled about this for quite a bit:
>
> <http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/ExplicitNamespaceControlInURLs>

Yeah, I remember that discussion ;-)

I don't remember it needing path segement parameterization in anything but the
last segment :-S

My big concern is that, even if it works in IE and Netscape now (and it better
work in NS4+ & IE 4+ for it to be viable) I would hate to see a vital part of
Zope 3 not work because Microsoft (deliberately?) breaks their browser when ti
comes to an obscure and not-oft-used part of the HTTP spec...

cheers,

Chris