[Zope3-dev] Stability of Zope-3x-branch

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 02:22:44 -0600

At 08:14 AM 2/28/2002 +0000, Chris Withers wrote:
>Hi,
>
>With all the recent BTrees fun and games I'm wondering if it's worth
>treating the
>Zope-3x-branch like the HEAD and keeping stuff off it until all tests pass
>(preferably on
>Windows and *nix ;-)
>
>To aid this, I'd happilly set up another nightly test runner for it...
>
>Lemme know what you guys think :-)

Chris,

I could not agree more. I wasted last night 1 hour just trying to find the
bug in the BTree C code, which was simply a missing definition of a String
constant and deleting the reference of the constance was enough to get
everything working.

The reason I have not committed any Formulator/OFS changes (and they are
massive) is for the simple reason that they are not yet stable. So, I guess
I could expect the same from other developers as well, specifically sinc
eit is one of the things listed in the developer's guide in anyway.

Jeremy, this is not a criticism to your work at all. The BTree stuff is cool!

Regards,
Stephan

--
Stephan Richter