[Zope3-dev] stupid_build.py: ZopeSplitter.c does not exist

Jeff Bauer jbauer@rubic.com
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:49:15 -0600

Last week I posted a message about not getting
stupid_build.py to work.  It was complaining
about a missing ZopeSplitter.c file.  I tried it
again a day later by downloading the tarball, with
similar results.

http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-dev/2002-February/000628.html

So last night I used cvs to checkout the code.
Ken or someone may want to add this hint to the
README.txt file:

  cvs -z7 -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.zope.org:/cvs-repository \
    co -rZope-3x-branch Zope3

The stupid_build.py script ran fine, so I conclude
the download tarball is defective.

Running the unit tests specified in the README.txt
results in ...

  Ran 460 tests in 48.827s
  FAILED (errors=57)

My platform is Solaris 2.6.  Does anyone want the
results of these tests -- or would I be adding to
the noise level at this stage?

Regards,

Jeff Bauer
Rubicon Research