[Zope3-dev] Stability of Zope-3x-branch

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 20:55:54 +0000

Jeremy Hylton wrote:

> > > With all the recent BTrees fun and games I'm wondering
> > if it's worth treating the
> > > Zope-3x-branch like the HEAD and keeping stuff off it
> > until all tests pass (preferably on
> > > Windows and *nix ;-)
>
> Sorry about the mess with the BTrees.  The tests have been
> running successfully on my machine all week, but that hasn't
> been sufficient for the most part.  I screwed up a couple of
> checkins and never tested on Windows.

No worries...

> In short, I would find it very helpful to have a nightly
> Windows test runner, because I find it difficult to build
> and test on that platform.

cool... will try and get one setup over the weekend.

> (In long, a short description of
> how to checkout and build on Windows would be helpful.
> Would I use the same ssh/cvs tools that I use to get Python
> from SourceForge?)

Well, you don't need SSH, since tests can run off an anonymous checkout. but, yeah, the
SSH you use for python will work fine.

I installed WinCVS, which also installs the command line tools. Just needed to tweak the
PATH env variable after that. And of course, I have M$ VC++ 6.0 installed...

Then I did:
cvs co Zope3 -r  -P -d Zope-3x-branch
python stupid_build.py
python test.py