[Zope3-dev] Managing via Component Interfaces TTW

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 11:37:17 -0500

Gary Poster wrote:

> I imagine there are others.  Any ideas?  A string, like the metatype, is
> limiting in many regards, but its simplicity is very convenient for web
> work.

I've been thinking we'll probably use "label interfaces".  Label
interfaces are like marker interfaces with the distinction that they are
identifiable by a simple string name.

The exact details of how label interfaces are created and stored have
not been decided, but I did a little proof of concept that let you
create and use label interfaces through the web using a CVS version of
Zope.  The UI was a little too complex, but we should be able to improve
upon it.

Shane