[Zope3-dev] Req. for discussion: Unicode vs. UTF-8 in Zope 3

Andreas Jung Andreas Jung" <andreas@zope.com
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 08:42:57 -0500

As part of the Zope Internationalization sprint we discussed,
Zope either should use Python Unicode strings to represent
strings or UTF-8 encoded strings. No decision has been made yet. I have
setup a wiki page for discussing this issue:

http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/UnicodeOrUT
F8

The final decision will be based on the results of this discussion.
So feel free to contribute !

Cheers,
Andreas

   -    Andreas Jung                            Zope Corporation       -
  -   EMail: andreas@zope.com                http://www.zope.com      -
 -  "Python Powered"                       http://www.python.org     -
  -   "Makers of Zope"                       http://www.zope.org      -
   -                  "Life is a fulltime occupation"                  -