[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope 3 learning curve?

Lennart Regebro lennart@regebro.nu
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 21:45:43 +0100

I think there is no doubt that Zope 3 will have a higher learner threshold
than Zope 2. After all, you can just compare the Zope 3 tutorial with the
BoringProduct explanation. There will be more things to understand before
you can make a complete product. On the other hand, there will be much
*less* things to understand before you can use the full power, while with
Zope 2, it is a continuing dive deeper and deeper into the innards of Zope,
so that you can understand what the heck is going on, and make it work your
way, alternatively, circumvent the problem one way or another.

I expect Zope3 to solve most of that. But I can't see how the initial step
to start developing with Zope can get lower than it is with Zope2.