[Zope3-dev] python2.2 and Persistent, Acquisition etc.

Magnus Heino Magnus Heino" <magnus.heino@pleon.sigma.se
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 10:27:49 +0100 (CET)

Hi!

Just installed python2.2 and the Zope3x-branch, and I noticed that some
things that didnt work with python2.1, now works :)

So, the question is; Am i supposed to be able to do this, or am I doing
BAD things? ;)

from Persistence import Persistent
from threading import Thread

class foo(Persistent, Thread):
  def __init__(self):
    Thread.__init__(self)

And the same with Acquisition,

class foo(Implicit, Thread):

This failed completely in 2.1, now it works. You could use
start_new_thread then, but then the thread self wasnt wrapped in
acquisition.

So, is it ok to do this? Is it python2.2 that enables this, or are
there major changes done to the ExtensionClasses too? If so, could I
consider it stable?

Thanks!

/Magnus