[Zope3-dev] DISCUSS: Zope3 and Zope2's version object

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 15:20:04 +0000

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> Agreed.  But ZODB's "version" interface does more than locking
> objects: it also stores modified *revisions* of the locked objects in
> the database.  (In fact this seems the only way to lock an object.)
> Is that really necessary?  Isn't it enough to store locking
> informantion in the database?

It would be great if this could be the case. I notice that WebDAV locks
currently store their locking information in seperate persistent, versioned,
objects which seems a bit wasteful to me :-S

cheers,

Chris