[Zope3-dev] Schemas

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 16:41:48 -0400

On Saturday 13 July 2002 16:30, Magnus Heino wrote:
>     1. Validator controls can be used to validate input on any Web Forms
> page.

Works already in Formualtor very well.

>     2. More than one control can be used on a given input field.

Yes, you can mix and match widgets and fields.

>     3. Client-side validation may be used in addition to server
> validation to improve form usability.

This could be an add-on from the rest of the community. Maybe you?

>     4. The CustomValidator control lets the user define custom
> validation criteria.

I do not understnad that... But there are many options for the field, which=
=20
influences its validator.

> So if you create a form with some EMail-validator, the code created and
> sent to the browser will include client-side validation, if supported by
> the browser. If not, only server-side validation will be done. Well,
> serverside validation will ofcourse always happen.

Yep, but we simply do not have time for that. We always welcome any help!

> If the validation fails, on server or client, you will get the form back
> with error messages and the values you have entered. You don't have to
> write anything extra to get the postback with the values you have
> already entered.

Sure. No problem.

> > will work almost exactly like Formulator (which you can download for Zo=
pe
> > 2), so you can see how it works.
>
> Yes, I'm already using that.

Okay.